If you could Bend one of the elements, what would it be?

• 166 results
#1 Posted by Vrakmul (23407 posts) - - Show Bio

Actual element: Hydrogen.

#2 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Air would be the one I would want to bend.

#3 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

either water or earth. i like how they make rock walls but i also like freezing the water

#4 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Fire and Electricity.

#5 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

air. there's air everywhere so i'd always have something to bend.

#6 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"air. there's air everywhere so i'd always have something to bend."
Exactly, thats why I chose it.
#7 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Water.

#8 Posted by Vrakmul (23407 posts) - - Show Bio

Fire can even burn on and in water with the right chemicals.

#9 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreadnaught says:

"Fire can even burn on and in water with the right chemicals. "

So now your adding chemicals?

#10 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

The same goes for fire.

#11 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"King of Kings says:
"Water."

You and me are always the opposite of something."

Lmao. I noticed that. But not in our taste in women no ;P

#12 Posted by Vigilante (277 posts) - - Show Bio

I would be earth

#13 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

Water. My powers are based on that of a waterbender. Plus, there are so many possibilities with water it's crazy. You essentially don't have to be near water to bend it. There is constant water vapor in the air, and simply by freezing it, you have water. Plus, with water, you could literally control someone's movements. Something like 75% of the human body is water. You could make anyone your personal puppet.

#14 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Water."

You and me are always the opposite of something.

#15 Posted by Spectrum (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

Water. A there lots of it. B its more deadly then air.

#16 Posted by Vrakmul (23407 posts) - - Show Bio

I just have to put oil on water and you can make it light with firebending. Plus everyone fears a living flamethrower.

#17 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"Fire can even burn on and in water with the right chemicals. "
So now your adding chemicals?"
Yeah I haven't seen fire benders doing that.
#18 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Cryo-Wolf says:

"Water. My powers are based on that of a waterbender. Plus, there are so many possibilities with water it's crazy. You essentially don't have to be near water to bend it. There is constant water vapor in the air, and simply by freezing it, you have water. Plus, with water, you could literally control someone's movements. Something like 75% of the human body is water. You could make anyone your personal puppet."

You'd have to be able to control water entirely. I've never seen anything like that done on the show.

#19 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Cryo-Wolf says:
"Water. My powers are based on that of a waterbender. Plus, there are so many possibilities with water it's crazy. You essentially don't have to be near water to bend it. There is constant water vapor in the air, and simply by freezing it, you have water. Plus, with water, you could literally control someone's movements. Something like 75% of the human body is water. You could make anyone your personal puppet."
You'd have to be able to control water entirely. I've never seen anything like that done on the show."

Well because they haven't shown a water tribe avatar. A water tribe avatar or a really good waterbending master could do it.

#20 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"King of Kings says:
"Water."
You and me are always the opposite of something."
Lmao. I noticed that. But not in our taste in women no ;P"

That's the one thing we've in common aside from being villains. lol.

#21 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Cryo-Wolf says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Cryo-Wolf says:
You'd have to be able to control water entirely. I've never seen anything like that done on the show."
Well because they haven't shown a water tribe avatar. A water tribe avatar or a really good waterbending master could do it."
He could bend the water vapor probably, I mean Aang bended the cloud. But they haven't shown the ability to bend water in someone's body.
#22 Posted by Vrakmul (23407 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Cryo-Wolf says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Cryo-Wolf says:
Well because they haven't shown a water tribe avatar. A water tribe avatar or a really good waterbending master could do it."

I'll hate doing this, but I have to pull a Buckshot and say unless I've seen it done, than there's no proof that it can be done."

Lol a buckshot.

#23 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Cryo-Wolf says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Cryo-Wolf says:

I'll hate doing this, but I have to pull a Buckshot and say unless I've seen it done, than there's no proof that it can be done.

#24 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

"Cryo-Wolf says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Cryo-Wolf says:
He could bend the water vapor probably, I mean Aang bended the cloud. But they haven't shown the ability to bend water in someone's body. "

You could still do it, though. Kataara bended the water inside Aang when he almost drowned.

#25 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Apparition says:
The same goes for fire."

but it cant be in the same quantities. besides i think air beats fire anyday.

#26 Posted by Vrakmul (23407 posts) - - Show Bio

And the water that we are made up of tends not to be pure.

#27 Posted by Spectrum (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

the beauty of water bending is. Water is a definate compuond unlike air, earth or fire. There fore majorly powerfull water benders should be able to form water from air, using the oxygen and nitrogen to do so.

HU HA

#28 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Cryo-Wolf says:

"Nobody says:
"Cryo-Wolf says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Cryo-Wolf says:
He could bend the water vapor probably, I mean Aang bended the cloud. But they haven't shown the ability to bend water in someone's body. "
You could still do it, though. Kataara bended the water inside Aang when he almost drowned."
That was a little different, cause he was choking on it. Because it wasn't like its the water that makes him up. It was just water in his throat/lungs.
#29 Posted by Spectrum (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Apparition says:
The same goes for fire."
but it cant be in the same quantities. besides i think air beats fire anyday."

fire needs oxygen to combust, TAke away the air, no fire, you right;)

#30 Posted by Vrakmul (23407 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectrum says:

"the beauty of water bending is. Water is a definate compuond unlike air, earth or fire. There fore majorly powerfull water benders should be able to form water from air, using the oxygen and nitrogen to do so.HU HA"

Oxygen and Hydrogen. Oxygen and Nitrogen makes N2O.

#31 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Cryo-Wolf says:

"Nobody says:
"Cryo-Wolf says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Cryo-Wolf says:
You could still do it, though. Kataara bended the water inside Aang when he almost drowned."

Exactly, he almost drowned. When you almost drown, Pure water is entering your lungs so that's understandable. The human body a bag of fluid and like you said like 75% of the human body is water. but Blood Water. Not pure water.

#32 Posted by Vrakmul (23407 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectrum says:

"Apparition says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Apparition says:
The same goes for fire."

fire needs oxygen to combust, TAke away the air, no fire, you right;)"

Fire can burn on water when it's got a bit of oil. And greek fire burns anywhere due to it's mysterious composistion.

#33 Posted by Spectrum (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreadnaught says:

"Spectrum says:
"the beauty of water bending is. Water is a definate compuond unlike air, earth or fire. There fore majorly powerfull water benders should be able to form water from air, using the oxygen and nitrogen to do so. HU HA"
Oxygen and Hydrogen. Oxygen and Nitrogen makes N2O. "

You know what i meant, stop trying to outsmart people, your getting really annoying when you do.

#34 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

But still, the whole thing with waterbending is you have to have imagination. Water is basically anywhere and everywhere. All you have to do is think about something involving water and then you can try and do it.

#35 Posted by Spectrum (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

"Spectrum says:
"the beauty of water bending is. Water is a definate compuond unlike air, earth or fire. There fore majorly powerfull water benders should be able to form water from air, using the oxygen and nitrogen to do so. HU HA"
A skilled Air Bender should beable to bend the air away from you so you can't breath:P "

and then a skilled Water bender should be able to form water into hydrogen and oxygen. Anyway Air benders dont have conorl over a specific element do they????

#36 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectrum says:

A skilled Air Bender should beable to bend the air away from you so you can't breath:P
#37 Posted by Vrakmul (23407 posts) - - Show Bio

The only place where none of these elements are very useful is space. And that's a moot point when your in a space station.

#38 Posted by Spectrum (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Apparition says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Apparition says:
The same goes for fire."
I think fire beats Air since fire feeds off air. Spectrum says:
Last time I checked, Oxygen and *Hydrogen* made water, not Nitrogen. Hence H2O."

Yess i get an element mixed up and being crucifeid for it

#39 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Cryo-Wolf says:

"But still, the whole thing with waterbending is you have to have imagination. Water is basically anywhere and everywhere. All you have to do is think about something involving water and then you can try and do it."
True you can try. But you can't say that water benders can do that since it hasent been shown.
#40 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Apparition says:
The same goes for fire."

I think fire beats Air since fire feeds off air.

Spectrum says:

Last time I checked, Oxygen and Hydrogen made water, not Nitrogen. Hence H2O.

#41 Posted by Vrakmul (23407 posts) - - Show Bio

If the earth is mostly nitrogen doesn't that make us nitrogen breather's?

#42 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"I think fire beats Air since fire feeds off air."

that's why i think air ie better. fire needs air. if you move all the air away then the fire cant survive.

#43 Posted by Vrakmul (23407 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah nevermind. Any way Hydrogen is a suitable subsitute for oxygen when it comes to fueling fire. In fact it's a far better subsitute.

#44 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreadnaught says:

"If the earth is mostly nitrogen doesn't that make us nitrogen breather's?"

i think nitrogen is only 3% of the atmosphere but i could be wrong.

#45 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectrum says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Apparition says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Apparition says:
The same goes for fire."
I think fire beats Air since fire feeds off air. Spectrum says:
Last time I checked, Oxygen and *Hydrogen* made water, not Nitrogen. Hence H2O."
Yess i get an element mixed up and being crucifeid for it"

You know this by now.

#46 Posted by Vrakmul (23407 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"If the earth is mostly nitrogen doesn't that make us nitrogen breather's?"

i think nitrogen is only 3% of the atmosphere but i could be wrong."

Nitrogen consists of %70 of the atmosphere.

#47 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
that's why i think air ie better. fire needs air. if you move all the air away then the fire cant survive."
You move the air away and the firebender can't survive too:P
#48 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
that's why i think air ie better. fire needs air. if you move all the air away then the fire cant survive."

i like water you can make ice with it lol

#49 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Eternal Chaos says:

You move all the air, than we can't survive lol. One can't survive without the other. No matter where you move the air, fire can be made. But if you take away air, Airbenders can't do anything.

#50 Posted by Vigilante (277 posts) - - Show Bio

Earth bending is proabally the strongest,sand,diamnds,ock,lava,its geysers,its eveywhere also

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.