x_29's A+X #2 - Black Widow + Rogue; Iron Man + Kitty Pride review

• x_29 wrote this review on .
  • x_29 has written a total of 33 reviews. The last one was for

Good kissers and a cold

Rogue and Black Widow band together to take down a sentinel while Kitty Pryde and Iron Man fight some Brood. Pretty much it for a synopsis, bro.

What I Liked:

• I honestly liked Bachalos' art for the most part in the first story. His backgrounds are nicely detailed and inked, and I thought he did a good job writing and drawing Rogue.
  • After reading both stories, I wanted more of Kitty/Iron Man and Black Widow/Rogue. The two characters played off well with each other and the dialogue between them was good.
  • Black Widow and Rogue Kiss.

What I Didn't Like:

• Black Widows' characterization is a little questionable; she has more of a pampered attitude than a cold, ruthless assassin attitude.
  • The art style in the second story was really hit-or-miss. On one hand, it is nice to see some art that we rarely see in marvel comics that does separate itself from the rest. On the other hand it does come across as really odd at some points ( Kitty looks like she stepped off of a Tim Burton animated film), not odd enough to ruin the issue but it was kind of a distraction.
  • The last-minute exposition by Rogue at the last panel of the Rogue/Widow story was too much to swallow and a little late to care.

Verdict: I had fun with this issue despite a few quirks. Check it out!