Follow

Story arc »

The Infinite Crisis has ended; the world mourns the passing of Superboy. But where are Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman?

***Official Countdown #51 Topic*** (SPOILERS)

ScoodleDaddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ScoodleDaddle

My reaction: Eh.

It was sort of underwhelming. I mean, I was intrigued by the Darkseid part, and the Mary Marvel part, but everything involving Duela, Jason, and the villains sort of bored me. The whole Monitor thing caught my interest, and I'm wondering why Ray Palmer is somehow integral to stopping the "Great Disaster".

Thoughts?

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#2  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Booster saved the Multiverse and no one saw that coming (except you) so I guess it's just the same thing. Except...this time they told us.

ScoodleDaddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ScoodleDaddle

Haha, well, Booster actually came and told me the future. It's sort of an inside tip.

Did you read the issue? I'm just not sure if I'm going to be as into this series as I was with 52.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#4  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I read it. I wasn't impressed but I figure I'll give it a shot like I did with 52 and see if it gets better.

ScoodleDaddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ScoodleDaddle

Likewise.

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Prodigal Son

My review of the issue:

Meh

I pretty much agree with Scoodle's assessment of the issue, except I don't really care all that much for anything involving the New Gods. but I'll keep an open mind, maybe this series will bring the New Gods back in my esteem. It will all depend on whether or not they are used consistently.

I'll keep buying it, just to find out what happens to Mary Marvel. I've got a page to update.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.