Follow

Story arc »

The Infinite Crisis has ended; the world mourns the passing of Superboy. But where are Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman?

5 problems with 52

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

52 is one of the best comics I have read. It got a shitload of great charterers, a great story, and it is SO HUGE without sucking. It made me understand how great the DC universe is, or were anyway. BUT... there are a few things that bothers me. If you have reed 52, maybe you have a answer to me about this few problems I have with the story. Its not a top 5, so its not like that nbr. 1 is the worst. If you haven't read it yet, STOP reading this, and go to a comicbook shop RIGHT NOW! This Comic is amazing!!!

Nbr. 1: The dead body of Alex Luthor.

Lex Luthor use the dead body of Alex Luthor, who died in Infinite Crisis, to make it look like that he was replaced by by Alex, and trapped in his reality. But in the end of Infinite Crisis, Alex had his face destroyed by the Joker. And NOW his face is fine?

Nbr. 2: Steel get powers.

John Henry Irons, better known as Steel, was injected with a small dosage of Lex Luthor's new meta-therapy and got powers. But later we see his niece Natasha get the treatment, and it was with a lot of equipment. I get it was Luthors ring that gave him the drug, but Natasha needed to be in a lab before getting her powers. How does that work?

Nbr. 3: Boosters check.

Booster get suspicious about Skeets and have to play stupid. As part of the act, he pays a actor to play supervillian. But that was BEFORE he knew for sure that Skeets was "evil." There are other, not so extreme ways to play stupid.

Nbr. 4: Luthors Buttons.

Luthor can make the powers he give away stop working by pressing a button... WHAT?

Nbr. 5: World War III.

Black Adam is one of the most powerful super-humans on the planet. He has the powers of six Egyptian gods, and is more powerful than Captain Marvel.

But COME ON!!! A kryptonian, four lanterns, a martian AND Cap Marvel cant beat him? Not to to mention, well, ALL the other heroes in the DC universe.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

only 5 problems? HAH!

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetimestreamer: Five MAIN problems. Believe me, I could make a list. And it is still one of my favorite comics.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By waezi2

@thetimestreamer: Another problem I have is: Why were Superman (and a handful of nobodies) the only one to showed up at Boosters funeral?

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Can someone clarify if Black Adam was amped or something during WWIII? I read in one thread that he had a boost from Isis or some such, and another thread said that he wasn't.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By waezi2

@veshark: Well he did get powers from Isis after Cap Marvel changed the magic word so Adam couldn't transform. But that was after 52. So no, he had no boost during WWIII. He was angry as hell, witch gave him a psychological boost, but no powerboost.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@waezi2 said:

@veshark: Well he did get powers from Isis after Cap Marvel Changed the magic word so Adam couldn't transform. But that was after 52. So no, he had no boost during WWIII. He was angry as hell, witch gave him a psychological boost, but no powerboost.

Ah cool, thanks for the info.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.