Story Arcs into Movies

#1 Posted by Prizm (50 posts) - - Show Bio

With upcoming animated films like Superman/Batman Public Enemies and Planet Hulk,  it makes me wonder; what other comic book stories should be turn into some kind of movies? Personally I would like to see the Fallen Son:The Death of Captain America story into an animated movie. I think it would make a great five short story film.   

#2 Edited by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

sinestro corps war
blackest night

#3 Posted by joshmightbe (25006 posts) - - Show Bio

i think the kree vs skrull war would be a great movie itd probably have to be more than one though

#4 Posted by Lifeguard85 (392 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see the Ultimates 2 story line. that and a animated House of M would be fun

#5 Posted by burr787 (2504 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight Returns, Identity Crisis just so there could be a villains United Movie, and Neil Gaimen's first Sandman arc

#6 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
Messiah CompleX has the right amount of sub-plots and action for a movie.
#7 Posted by dancingphlower (84 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see Civil War happen as an animated movie.

#8 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
@Prizm said:
" With upcoming animated films like Superman/Batman Public Enemies and Planet Hulk,  it makes me wonder; what other comic book stories should be turn into some kind of movies? Personally I would like to see the Fallen Son:The Death of Captain America story into an animated movie. I think it would make a great five short story film.    "
DID YOU JUST SAY PLANET HULK!!!!!!?????????????!!!!! HOLY **** ****!!! I just coughed up spit on my monitor in a very weird reaction!!! I believe I was going to say Planet Hulk. Oh man, I'm freaking out right now....
#9 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

Bullseye: Greatest Hits.

#10 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
@burr787 said:
" The Dark Knight Returns, Identity Crisis just so there could be a villains United Movie, and Neil Gaimen's first Sandman arc "
You have some great taste! The Dark Knight Returns is of course the greatest Batman story and I love Identity Crisis so freaking much. Nothing like seeing Deathstroke The Terminator make Justice League look like idiots. I'd laugh myself to sleep if they put Superman in the fight and they still end up getting their asses kicked. lol
#11 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Civil War would make an amazing animated movie.

I would love to see a movie based off the Marvel Boy mini. Also it would be cool to see a Spider-Man animated movie, not sure which arc to base it off of.

#12 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh and Identity Crisis. 

#13 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, here's an easy one. Savage Dragon Archives Volume 1 (the Overlord saga)

#14 Posted by MOONKNIGHT-LANTERN (389 posts) - - Show Bio

secret wars

spawn armageddon

war world hulk

#15 Posted by Prizm (50 posts) - - Show Bio
@gunswordfist said:
"@Prizm said:
" With upcoming animated films like Superman/Batman Public Enemies and Planet Hulk,  it makes me wonder; what other comic book stories should be turn into some kind of movies? Personally I would like to see the Fallen Son:The Death of Captain America story into an animated movie. I think it would make a great five short story film.    "
DID YOU JUST SAY PLANET HULK!!!!!!?????????????!!!!! HOLY **** ****!!! I just coughed up spit on my monitor in a very weird reaction!!! I believe I was going to say Planet Hulk. Oh man, I'm freaking out right now...."

Yes, and to prove that it is real here's the trailer from comic con:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFkuVEeJF-c
#16 Posted by DustinFun1704 (209 posts) - - Show Bio
Batman: Hush, or Batman: The Longest Halloween would make great animated movies/live action movies! 
#17 Posted by Drafta (690 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling said:
" Bullseye: Greatest Hits. "
AGREE.
#18 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio

#19 Posted by War Killer (20374 posts) - - Show Bio

Fallen Son: The Death of Captain America I think would be a great movie, but it would probably have to come after a Civil War movie and the I wouldn't mind seeing Secret Invasion, Avengers, Avengers Dissasimbled, New Avengers, and so forth

#20 Posted by The Englander (1171 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Gotham by Gaslight
  • Final Night
  • Ultimate Knight from Ultimate Spider-man
#21 Posted by War Killer (20374 posts) - - Show Bio

Anything that has Green Lantern/Geoff Johns on it would be nice :D

#22 Posted by Prizm (50 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just going to list a couple I want to see:
Green Lantern Rebirth
Age of Apocalypse
Something with Spider-Man(maybe Maximum Carniage or something with Morlun)
Infinite Crisis
Onslaught

#23 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
@DustinFun1704 said:
"Batman: Hush, or Batman: The Longest Halloween would make great animated movies/live action movies!  "
Yes they would! Seeing more Two-Face is always a great thing (since he's the best comic book villain, ya know?) And I guarantee you if they did the graveyard fight from Batman Hush, I'd rewatch it dozens of times. I love that fight so freaking much.
@Prizm said:
"@gunswordfist said:
"@Prizm said:
DID YOU JUST SAY PLANET HULK!!!!!!?????????????!!!!! HOLY **** ****!!! I just coughed up spit on my monitor in a very weird reaction!!! I believe I was going to say Planet Hulk. Oh man, I'm freaking out right now...."

Yes, and to prove that it is real here's the trailer from comic con:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFkuVEeJF-c "
Yeah I already searched and saw it. It looks great!!!
#24 Posted by jloneblackheart (5547 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinity War

#25 Edited by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
Bruce Wayne: Murderer?
#26 Posted by Editman (3472 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" Messiah CompleX has the right amount of sub-plots and action for a movie. "
Editman Likes this
#27 Posted by sora_thekey (8184 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimatum Just to Piss People OFF!!!
#28 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio
@the human Juggernaut said:
"sinestro corps warblackest night"

better yet all lanterns film..
#29 Posted by Joe Venom (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

"New Krypton" would be nice to see. 

@sora_thekey said:

" Ultimatum Just to Piss People OFF!!! "

and Spiderman Brand New Day to finish them off.
#30 Posted by GothamRed (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

Civil War, Secret wars, X-Force, Crisis on Infinite Earths, Killing Joke (Mark Hamill must be Joker), Sin Of Youth, and Graduation Day.  I finally go through with Judas Contract, dammit

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.